Thursday, September 30, 2010

Just One of Those Days ...

Now I know I am not the only one who wakes up on a rainy day + just wants to roll over + go back to sleep, + that's exactly how today started. Ugh. So I woke up, late. Not feeling so well, and had to hurry to get ready to sit in my 5 hour long history class. Woo hoo. Don't get me wrong, history is my favorite subject, but this man's voice is just so, blahhhh. I couldn't help almost dozing off ! Then we got our 30 minute lunch break, so I try to go put gas in my car because my low gas light is on, oh silly me ... I overwithdrew my bank account for about the 50th time :/. And that's the kinda morning I had.

The second half of class wasn't so bad, I got some interesting quotes out of it actually, here's some ...

From the philosopher Epicurus:

A soul is warm breath - atoms that after death dissolve with our body.

Do not fear death - death is but eternal sleep + the dead feel no pain or torment.

Forget about fear of pain. Its usually much worse than the pain itself.

Learn to recognize that there is nothing better than cold water when you are thirsty. So remember that thirst.

I love love love all of them. Especially the fear of pain quote, because people really do live in fear of getting hurt, emotionally or physically. And that fear has a bit of control over all our lives. Interesting.

And we also discussed how we are all liars. Haha, it was a lecture on virtue and morality. And my professor told us that college age boys lie 3 times within the first 8 minutes of meeting you, thaaat makes a lot of sense.

That's enough about school, we got out an hour early, which gave me an hour to waste before work. Naturally I went home to take a half hour nap :) it just mademe in a worse mood, then it was off to the kiddies. And boy are they stir crazy from this yucky day.

The first conversation of today was between Mr. B and a little girl, she was explaining how this stray cat was pregnant, "but nothing happened to her" Mr. B says someeeething happened to her. + she was very upset by that, she then said the cat got sick + that's how it got pregnant. Kids logic amazes me.

Thennnnn, I had to punish some for cursing. The 6 year old cried. They act so tough til they think you're gonna tell on them. Silly kids :) but now I get to go see my bestfriend + my goddaughter, I'm super excited ! That's all for today !

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment